Nearly all restaurants in the Townsend area are mom and pop restaurants. Here you will enjoy some of the best home cooking in the South in a very casual environment.
Picnic Boxes to Go
Great Mom & Pop Restaurants:
Apple Valley Cafe - Serving up hot, homemade biscuits for breakfast along with other country breakfast items. The lunch menu includes sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, chicken & dumplins, chicken tenders, soup of the day, chili, and more.
The Firefly Cafe - Serving a full menu of home-cooked favorites...Smoky Mountain Comfort Foods along with delicious sandwiches, salads, and the best desserts around. Locally made breads baked in a wood fired oven.
Little River Bar-B-Que - What a great mountain restaurant. Situated right on the river, this little mom and pop place serves up some good Southern food!
Miss Lily's Cafe - "Southern Cuisine for the Discriminating Taste" best describes this quaint little cafe, located across from the Heartland Little River Wedding Chapel. Fresh baked breads and deserts greet you every day. Great sandwiches and hearty lunch plates featuring Steve's BBQ are served with home made soups and muffins. Dinner menu is diverse and all made on site. Serve Sunday Brunch, including an omelette station. Lunch and dinner served daily.
Smokin' Joe's BBQ - A great restaurant with excellent BBQ, homemade sides, the best hush puppies in the South, and excellent desserts.
Trailhead Steakhouse - This is an excellent upper-scale restaurant with linen tableclothes, great service, and very pleasant ambience. Steaks, burgers, and fish, including trout.
Other Mom & Pop Restaurants:
• AJ's Hearth & Kettle - Country breakfast bar includes pork sausage, country bacon, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, homemade biscuits, fresh pancakes, french toast sticks, country style hash browns, cinnamon apples, Southern style grits, and a fresh fruit bar. You may also order from the menu. Also serve lunch and dinner.
• Back Porch Restaurant - Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner daily. The Back Porch serves the tastiest and most tender bbq ribs in the Smoky Mountain area.
• Burger Master - An excellent order-at-the-window restaurant serving outstanding burgers, hot dogs, fries, sandwiches, ice cream, and many other items. 8439 St. Highway 73, Townsend, TN.
• Campfire Grill - Burgers and more. 8213 E Lamar Alexander Parkway, Townsend, TN.
• Carriage House Restaurant - This mom and pop restaurant serves traditional favorites for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Appetizers and soup and salad are on the lunch and dinner menu. Sandwiches, beef and seafood, and house favorites of country ham steak, grilled pork chops, Southern fried chicken, chicken tenders, chicken livers, and beef liver are lunch and dinner menus.
• Cartwright's Roadhouse & Grill, 7735 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway, 865-448-6881
An elegant restaurant inside a quaint bed & breakfast inn.
Restaurants in nearby towns